The uvex safety group is positioned as an innovative brand systems provider with international manufacturing expertise. With seven strategic business units (SBU), uvex is one of the few companies in the industrial health and safety sector to offer a complete head-to-toe range of products. Industries that are among the regular customers of the safety division include automotive/automotive suppliers, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, mining, construction and trade as well as oil and gas. Industry-specific product solutions and systems are at the heart of uvex activities:
- SBU Head: safety helmets – hearing protection – breathing protection
- SBU Eyewear: safety eyewear
- SBU Occupational Health: prescription safety spectacles – individual hearing protection – orthopaedic safety footwear
- SBU Gloves: safety gloves
- SBU Footwear: safety footwear
- SBU Workwear: work wear and protective clothing – corporate fashion
- SBU Laser protection: laser safety eyewear and curtains and windows
As a partner for specialist retailers in the fields of sport and leisure, uvex offers innovative, high-quality collections and comprehensive services, as well as increasingly concentrating on digital system solutions to increase sales and turnover. With uvex sports, ALPINA and Hiplok (bike locks and cycle accessories), the uvex sports group’s activities focus on three areas of business:
- Winter sports: ski goggles – ski helmets – sports eyewear – protectors
- Cycling: cycling helmets – cycling eyewear
- Equestrian: riding helmets – sports eyewear – riding gloves
As a partner for international top-level sport, uvex equips many professional athletes worldwide. uvex sports operates throughout the world and plays a decisive role in shaping the uvex brand. The uvex sports group strives to manufacture its products in Germany where possible, otherwise working with proficient partners. Every uvex product is engineered in Germany.
As part of the uvex group, Filtral and Primetta distribute sunglasses and reading specs to European mass-markets.Leadership in logistics and point-of-sale material, combined with procurement, point-of-sale service and B-2-B solutions, delivers a trading concept which guarantees high level returns in respect of space utilisationand process efficiency. Through its leadership position in Germany, the Filtral group is well positioned to develop the European market. Its target is to become one of the “Top 3” suppliers in Europe.
Protecting People GmbH is an independent subgroup with the sales company Protecting People GmbH, which is the uvex group's B2C multi-brand dealer responsible for sales of all group brands to B2C consumers/private customers.